Buying a home is one of the largest investments in the course of a lifetime for many people. So, it makes sense that homeowners want to care for their property to maintain the value of their investment. You worked hard to save for a down payment and pay the mortgage; now it is time to protect your equity.
If you live in Boise, ID and you are looking for ways that you can improve the quality of your home, then you need to consider new windows. But, how do you know if it is time to replace the windows? Here are five signs that your home needs new windows:
- Drafty Air: When winter rolls around, do you notice that your home feels cool and drafty? Then, it could mean that the windows are bringing in outside air. Windows wear out over time, and small cracks can allow the air to come through.
- Stuck Window Panels: How easy is it to open and close the windows? If you struggle every time you try to open the window, then it could be an indication that the frames are warped. Not only do warped frames fit too loosely or snugly, but they also often let in drafty air. Replace the windows so that you have an easy time opening the windows when you want to enjoy a comfortable summer breeze.
- High Utilities: If you have noticed an increase in your utility costs, then it could be an indication that you have windows with low energy efficiency. Upgrade your home, and you will save money on the lower heating costs.
- Condensation: Inspect your double-pane windows to see if you can identify any areas where condensation is gathering between the panes. If the glass is foggy or there are droplets of moisture, then it is an indication that there is a problem with the window seal.
- Water Stains: Check the window sills and the walls around the windows. Do you see any signs of water stains, mold, or water damage? Leaky windows allow moisture to come inside, resulting in water problems that can spread to other areas of the home. It is essential that you replace the leaky windows as soon as possible so that you can avoid expensive home renovation costs in the future.
Have you noticed any of these signs in your Boise, ID home? Then, it is time to call the window professionals! Proactively improving the quality of your property is a great way to ensure that you have long-term equity that can be used in the future. The quality of your windows is a critical factor that will impact the durability and value of your property.
Are you interested in learning more about windows and doors for your home? Call our team at View Point, Inc. to schedule a consultation. We are always here to help with anything that you need. You can visit our office at 6715 W State St, Boise, ID 83714. Or call during regular business hours if you have questions: (208) 854-1877.